How did June’s goals go?
Here is what I set myself for the month of June:
- Do one task every day.
- Do something every day I didn’t do the day before.
- Keep up my real and honest account of wound recovery.
- Make a start on a new project proposal.
- Not neglect journaling if I am not blogging.
- Look after my personal health.
Let’s begin with how Month Three of Recovery went.
The beginning of the month was met with stronger painkillers to help settle down the pain in my new perianal wound. As luck would have it, that would be the turning point for my wound – coupled with the Vedolizumab days previously – it would come to close up faster than it did in the previous two months. I spent less and less time at the GP surgery for wound checks and I even got better at managing to sit up right for some length of time whilst at home.
I was still too cautious about being away from home for too long so spent the majority of my time at home resting. And while that sounds really relaxing, it was not. I’ve had to deal with very loose stoma output and peristomal sore skin so if it’s not been one thing, it has been something else. However, I did make it through all of that; taking it one day at a time.
I did have time to make it into work to catch up with everyone and make some plans for my return to work. That is coming on July and is making my extremely nervous and stressed out but I know it is the next step in recovery mode – to get back another routine but not without some caution for my health – my wound is still open at the surface; and this will take the longest to close being so delicate! – so being aware of that is really important.
I still spent this month not writing much. I had a couple of days of working on some things – mostly to get the website looking and feeling positive whilst it is not active as it used to be – but for the most part I have really dialled down my writing. I’ve been in a rut and my motivation is really low because not much is happening / I haven’t been out experiencing life with my illness. I am hoping July will bring some inspiration to me.
So what else have I got planned?
- Monitor my IBD symptoms and keep track of ostomy issues.
- Keep on top of my wound as it gets smaller.
- Plan some new content.
- Return to Work under a phased fit note. No sense in rushing to go back to ‘normal’ yet.
- Keep my hydration levels at an optimum.
- Actually make a start on a new project proposal from last month!
Do you find goal setting useful? What do you want to achieve in July?