5 Challenges & 5 Small Victories. Make a list of the 5 most difficult parts of your health focus. Make another top 5 list for the little, good things (small victories) that keep you going.
- Bowel Prep – for colonoscopies and MRI scans.
- Uncertainly of flare ups – they always happen at the most inconvenient times; when you’ve just got used to a set of challenges or before an important adventure.
- People’s judgement of the ostomy bag.
- Maintaining relationships, friendships and family ties whilst unwell.
Five Small Victories:
- Advocates. They are awesome people who get what you’re going through
- Finding a good GI and surgeon, getting excellent stoma care
- Making poop jokes. Even now, without a colon, still funny.
- When people spend time looking into what you have so they can talk to you and understand better.
- Being able to attend and experience IBD days.